– Arrive at the airport 3-3.5 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure time.
– Passengers are advised to complete Covid-19 testing PRIOR to arrival at LPIA for travel. The airport with cease its on-site testing operation on July 31, 2021.
– All passengers departing for the United States (vaccinated or not) from LPIA are required by the US Government to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test result and provide a completed Attestation Form to their airline at check-in. Visit www.nassaulpia.com for Assestation Form & more details.
– If possible, avoid travel on Saturday and Sunday and choose a slower day like Tuesday or Wednesday to begin and end your vacation or business trip. Also, consider travel during off peak times and look for flights either before 9:00am or after 2:00pm, which is a peak travel period at the airport.
– For travel within The Bahamas, a negative Covid-19 (PCR Test) is required if you are not fully vaccinated along with a Bahamas Health VISA. These are for check-in on domestic flights. (Fully vaccinated is two shots with the last shot given more than two weeks prior to travel)
– Checked luggage should be taken to your airline counter. Very important: Please remove old luggage tags prior to placing a new luggage tag for the destination. Once present your checked bag(s) to your airline, an image of your bag(s) will appear on the airline counter video screen to confirm each bag is checked in for your flight.
– After check-in, passengers may be directed by an airport ambassador to the airport/s Summer Garden Lounge prior to proceeding to airport security screening and United States Customs for processing. The lounge is a beautiful and comfortable outdoor space with amenities like food and beverage, Wi-Fi, entertainment and limited shopping.
– Passengers should have their passport and boarding pass available to enter the security screening process. Please remove jackets, belts, shoes; empty pockets and remove laptops and electronics from carry-on luggage.
– AS LPIA is a US Pre-Clearance facility, each passenger will undergo inspection by a United States Customs & Border Protection Officer prior to leaving Nassau. Family members living in the same household can be inspected together. Passengers departing Nassau will NOT have to clear US customers upon arrival in the United States.
– After inspection by US Customs, passengers may proceed to their airline gate or enjoy the shopping and dining amenities available the U.S. Departures Lounge. All gates are within a three-minute walk from anywhere in the Departure Lounge.
– Upon your return or arrival to Nassau, remember you will need a Bahamas Health Visa and a negative COVID-19 PCR test for entry to the country if you are NOT fully vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated, you will STILL need to have The Bahamas Health Visa and to upload proof of your vaccination status to receive the Visa.
– Returning residents now have two added and convenient options to complete their Bahamas Custom declaration forms and pay duties or claim exemptions aside from the current process of presenting a completed Customs form to an officer for assessment.
– Residents can download the new Bahamas Custom Exempt App to declare purchases electronically, upload their recipes and pay customs duties and/or claim exemption online PRIOR to arrival in Nassau. Once the luggage is collected, returning residents then only need to proceed to a customs officer for baggage inspection. Bahamas Customs also has kiosks available at the airport that perform the same services as the App and allows for credit/debit card payments online or cash payments at the airport.