Employment opportunities from members of the Bahamas Hotel and Tourism Association (BHTA) in Nassau and the Family Islands.
Resort property in Harbour Island is looking for a full time qualified Sous Chef.
Brief Description of Job Duties:
- Responsible for management of 15+ housekeeping personnel
- Anticipation and fulfillment of customer needs
- Maintain budget and checkbook
- Responsible for the efficiency and productivity of the daily operations in the Housekeeping Department
- Administers and enforces all rules, regulations and policies for the housekeeping staff
- Attend and schedule for mangers meetings and any other appointments by the General Manager
- Reports directly the General Manager
- At least 2-3 years management experience in the Housekeeping Department
- At least 5 years’ experience in the hospitality environment specifically the Housekeeping or Rooms Division
- Knowledge of Room Management Systems
- Knowledge of Housekeeping Processes and Procedures
- Excellent Communication and Decision Making Skills
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases)